|Availability||Out Of Stock|
- Altra Ego midsole for an unmatched responsive yet soft ride
- MaxTrac outsole and multi-directional lug pattern for grippy traction on any terrain
- Laser cut holes on the upper for ultimate drainage
- BALANCED CUSHIONING: Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- GAITER TRAP: This innovative hook-and-loop tab conveniently secures your trail running gaiters to the shoe without having to strap them below the outsole. This prevents annoying debris from building up beneath the shoe.
- FOOTSHAPE TOE BOX: Allows the toes to relax and spread out naturally and the big toe to remain in a straight position for more stability and a powerful toe-off to maximize running performance.
- STONEGUARD: This amazing combination of grip, traction and durability will allow you to tackle more terrain, more often.
Altra Lone Peak 5 Men's Blue/Lime
Celebrating a ten-year legacy on the trail, the Altra Lone Peak 5 adds cushion and protection for your adventures. This durable off-road shoe offers a responsive ride from its Altra EGO™ midsole. Enjoy a plush and snappy feel that helps you adapt to the ever-changing terrain. Conquer any course under the grippy MaxTrac™ outsole lugs. Laser-cut drainage holes in the upper allow you to get drenched and stay dry. In the Altra Lone Peak 5, the trail is yours!
- Altra EGO midsole provides a more responsive ride.
- Modified outsole design with MaxTrac™ rubber compound gives versatile grip and trail-ready traction.
- Laser cut perforations in the upper provide excellent drainage.
- Stoneguard™ rock plate adds more coverage while using less material.
Who's it for?
- Runners who need a shoe with better grip than a traditional road shoe for running on trails.
- Athletes who compete in running events on uneven surfaces, such as trail runs, spartan races, mud runs and Ragnar relays.
- Anyone who needs a good hiking shoe to provide excellent grip while exploring nature.
Upper: FootShape™ toe box allows the toes to relax and spread out while the big toe remains in a straight position, creating a powerful toe-off to maximize running efficiency. Laser cut perforations provide excellent drainage to keep you dry. Gaiter Trap™ hook-and-loop tab allows you to secure gaiters while preventing debris from building up beneath the shoe.
Midsole: Altra EGO™ midsole provides a plush and snappy feel to adapt to uneven terrain. Balanced Cushion platform places the heel and forefoot at the same distance from the ground. This naturally aligns your body posture and encourages a low-impact landing. Stoneguard compression-resistant EVA provides better flexibility and absorbs shock from every stride.
Outsole: MaxTrac™ provides a perfect combination of grip, traction, and durability that eats rugged terrain like a champ.
FootShape™ Toe Box - Embrace The Space
Traditional running shoes feature pointy toe boxes that squeeze the toes out of their natural position –increasing risk of bunions, hammertoes and plantar fasciitis. Altra’s FootShape™ toe box allows the toes to relax and spread out naturally and the big toe to remain in a straight position. This enhances stability and creates a powerful toe-off to maximize running performance. We wish we could call it some scientific breakthrough, but we’re simply giving your foot the working space it needs.
Benefits of FootShape™ Toe Box
- Keeps big toe straight for greater stability and a more powerful toe-off
- Allows toes to relax and spread out naturally
- Allows foot to naturally stabilize excess pronation
Zero Drop™ Platform
Every Altra running shoe features a fully cushioned Zero Drop™ platform that places the heel and forefoot at the same distance from the ground. This natural balance aligns the feet, back and body posture for less impact. It also strengthens the Achilles and lower calf muscles that have been weakened over a lifetime of running on elevated heels.
Benefits of Zero Drop™
- Heel and forefoot are the same distance from the ground
- Promotes proper form to reduce initial impact by 3–5 times
- Natural Achilles loading for better propulsion
- 1-to-1 ratio naturally aligns feet, back and body posture
- Encourages better running technique
- Weight-balanced from front to back
Not Like the Others – For Good Reason
Altra’s complete line of Zero Drop™ footwear separates us from most running shoe companies that feature shoes with elevated heels. Running in elevated heels removes the foot from its natural position and encourages high-impact over striding.
Innovation at 300°
After countless customers entered his family running store complaining of pain and injury, Altra founder Golden Harper felt compelled to develop a solution. His college research on running injuries, combined with video analysis of running technique, made it easy to see that the design of traditional running shoes promoted poor form and excessive impact. Using a toaster oven, he began to melt the outsoles of customers’ shoes and carve out unnecessary heel cushioning. It was ugly, but it worked! Harper coined the term “Zero Drop™” to describe the level cushioning and perfect weight balance from heel to forefoot. Runners immediately felt the difference. It was their results and running success that fueled the creation of Altra Running.
Altra Running is the only running shoe company to provide a complete line of fully cushioned Zero Drop™ running shoes. Our lightweight blend of EVA and A-Bound™ cushioning runs evenly from heel to toe and is weight balanced from front to back to encourage proper low-impact running technique.
Altra Men Lone Peak 5.0 Trail Running Shoe x 1 Pair